SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
leslieevans97

Help Me Choose the Perfect Pro-Style Range for Me

L. Evans
7 years ago

I'm planning a major kitchen remodel and I want to make exactly one purchase of the perfect range for me. My budget is probably 4-8K for the range. My budget for all appliances is 15K, so if I spend less on the range/hood, I'll have more money for other appliances. The plans call for a 36 inch gas range in a large island so I'll have to put the vent over the range. Having a grill/griddle is not essential as I'm in CA and can grill outside almost every day. I currently have a vintage Wedgewood stove and to date, it is the best thing I've ever cooked on. I'm replacing it because the oven is tiny and it will not work with my new design/layout.

I'm single, but entertain frequently and cook for myself almost every day. I think I use the cooktop and oven about 50/50. I want something that is easy to use and will stand up over time. I'm not interested in fancy features. Simpler is probably better. I like a big oven as that is the one thing I'm lacking currently. I also want something that has the oomph to boil water quickly but that I can control for delicate sauces. I really want to stick with gas. I don't like the look of induction and have invested in very nice cookware over the years and do not want to spend the money to purchase additional/different cookware.

I don't think I'm sophisticated enough to know the difference between sealed and open burners so that is probably not a factor unless it affects ease of use.

I guess the best range would be one that marries quality with value.

What say you Houzz Community?

Comments (3)