SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kim_wa

You win some, you lose some.

Kim
7 years ago

It has been kind of a mixed bag for me plant wise this year. I had some stuff happen to me that was significantly traumatic, and my recovery from that caused me to neglect a lot of things I am normally quite attentive to in my jungle. Happily, my collection and I are on the mend but there have been some losess. I have been feeling pretty rotten about those, the most significant being the loss of my beloved Hoya javanica. All I have left is a single cutting I am frantically trying to root, and will probably be buying a replacement for just as soon as I can.

Joining my javanica on the death list is also Dischidia pectinoides, not surprising there. Was going to ship it out to another user but it died before I could. Then there is Hoya campanulata, cummingiana, davidcummingii (had that one rooted and doing great too), lacunosa "Langkawi island", and Hoya latifolia. All lost. Such a rotten dissappointment on all counts. Especially javanica and latifolia.

Still, there have been some wins. I wanted to vent my woes and share some of my happy Hoya exploits of the summer here. Some things have done very well, and most I was able to save before they declined to far. So, here are some of the season's Hoya exploits I am happiest about!

Langkawi Island bit the dust, but Thai Clone rooted like a champ and has a peduncle forming alread.

This cutting of H. truebiana I recieved this year is already putting on new growth!

H. surigoaensis rooted like a champ. Thrilled with this gorgeous lass.

Speaking of gorgeous, my H. villosa from cutting is putting out its 3rd new leaf for me.

Hoya praetorii keeps budding up, eventually I will get it to bloom before blasting. And my H. darwinii continues to thrive, which is always a solid point if happiness for me.

Lots of new growth and a peduncle forming on my H. imperialis.

My little H. chinghungensis is growing like a bad weed.

No new leaves yet on my H. meredithii yet, but it sure seems to be doing well so far.

And of course, flowers.

H. shepherdii

H. bella

Comments (9)

Sponsored