SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ken_adrian

how do you separate from a dead beloved plant?

cant waste a good rant buried at the bottom of another post ... how do you deal with separation anxiety .. as it relates to dead or dying plants ...

----------------

stream of consciousness.. eh dax ... let me give it a try ...

when a plant dies.. i get really teed off at the lost investment ... and i ignore it.. the standing dead to coin a term ... until one day i am driving by on the riding lawn tractor with the appropriate tool for removal.. shovel.. saw.. pruning shears ...

i then grab the de-earthed planted.. and forcibly remove it to the garden cart.. and drive at top speed ... wind blowing through the top of my head where my hair used to be ... top speed around 7 mph .. lol ..

i drive straight to the burn pile and foist the petard .. dont ask.. my own caffeine fueled stream of consciousness ... lol ... onto the pile..

should i get overly enthusiastic ... and heave it straight over the other side.. i may take the time to grind it into the earth with my boot ... and hurl a few adjectives at its corpse ...

at this point.. i am no longer attached to the plant.. rotflmbo ...

later that night .... i THEN come to wonder what caused its demise ... lol ... and it is just a bit too late ... i mean really .. its been standing dead for two years .... why now .... anyway

when the pyre is finally lit many months later.. i hurl one more epitaph at the conflagration for all the lost souls taken away ...

at this point.. i have completely separated from it .. unless i forgot to remove the aluminum inventory tag ... and find its days later in the ashen remains of the pile ... then i get teed off all over again ...

i wonder what the point of the reply was ...

oh ... i knew i was zone pushing with laws... i dont care what caused its ultimate demise ... disease or winter ... so i dont spend a lot of time trying to delineate such ... its a curiosity, and life goes on ...

if i plant 10 plants... and 9 prosper ... or even 8 ... i am beating the odds.. and i knew when i bought a zone pusher.. that the odds werent in my favor ...

and finally .. in my pure yellow mineral sand... i usually attribute all losses to foo foo plants that dont appreciate my ideas of a watering schedule ... if they thrive in Britain .. with its copious rain/fog/temperate weather.. then there is a good chance they dont like my dry/high drainage/sand with miserable high summer heat.. more intense sun ... and my conception of 'free range' after one year of aftercare ... then add my z5 blistering winter wind with reflected winter sun ... blah.. blah .. blah ..

you win some.. you lose some ... and dont complain if you lose with zone pushing ...

there you go

ken

Here is a link that might be useful: i wish they blew up

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations