SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bossyvossy

Antidepressants and alcohol, I know very litte about interaction

bossyvossy
7 years ago

I would appreciate links that address alcohol consumption while on antidepressants. Over the weekend I learned a young (early 30s) relative is taking 4 medications, one being Neurontin, which was prescribed by the VA for depression, plus 3 other meds for social anxiety, back pain and insomnia. As of this writing, I don't know exactly what they are, except the Neurontin.

I noticed this person trembling off and on. Everybody at the gathering was drinking lightly. The person consumed around 3 oz Crown Royal and coke. I didn't think that amount was excessive but face became beet red by end of the evening and the tremors. I want to forward a short article on the dangers of drug and alcohol, something that will grab a young person's attention and not too naggy. You know how it is to be mid 30s, one think one is immortal and won't listen to much. Heavy smoker, too. I am worried. Any good article or link you can share w/ me, that I can in turn forward to this person, will be greatly appreciated. Or should I even stick my nose in somebody else's biz????

Comments (12)