SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fawnridge69

Stuffing - in the bird or out?

fawnridge (Ricky)
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I have always cooked my stuffing inside the turkey, but I just read an interesting recipe several threads down the page that is made outside the bird. So, I'm curious, what do you prefer - in or out? And while you're here, let's throw some stuffing recipes around. Here's mine:

One large Idaho potato for each person. Hand-pick them and choose big ones so you'll have leftovers. Cut the potatoes into chunks, don't peel them, and put them in a pot of boiling water. Boil until the skins just start to peel and then drain.

One extra large or two regular size loaves of day-old white bread. Buy the cheap stuff. Cut off all the crust and then cut the bread into quarters and mix with the potatoes in a very large bowl. Don't totally mash them, but close enough so that there are still some small yet identifiable pieces.

Melt two sticks of unsalted butter and mix it in along with some minced garlic, oregano, thyme, and sage. If your guests can take it, add some cayenne pepper as well.

Saute' two or three large onions, chopped into little pieces, and then add them to the bowl. Mix everything well and then let it cool in the refrigerator for a couple of hours. Take it out and let it come to room temperature before you stuff the turkey and put it in the oven.

Comments (34)