SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debodun

The garage sale market had really fallen teh last year

debodun
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Since my mother passed away, I've been having occasional yard sales (a.k.a. garage/tag/ lawn/moving or estate sales). I've been doing moderately well until this year. Even though I feel I'm now getting into the better quality items: vintage glassware like Depression, EAPG and Carnival, artwork, furniture, antique porcelain, etc., sales have been way down this year. I attempted to supplement my yard sales by selling locally on Craig's List, local Facebook selling groups and a regional classified magazine. These venues have also been disappointing. The latest was this piecrust table I put up for sale for $10. Only two people contacted me about it. One wanted me to ship it to them (no mention of paying for the shipping), the other wanted it for $2 and have me deliver it. Are people so lazy they can't get in their car and drive a few miles? Is $10 going to bankrupt anyone? On top of that, most of the local thrift/antique/collectible shops have gone OOB in the last 2 years. What's happened to the antique market? Is it the economy, people tastes, or what?

Comments (13)