SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
memyselfandi_gw

Ever had/been to a private plant sale? Suggestions?

MeMyselfAndI
18 years ago

I'm pretty sure we're moving at the end of the summer and it will be unreasonable to take many plants with me. So I thought I'd make the most of the situation by having a plant sale, like a garage sale. I could easily dig up most of the plants and still leave enough so the garden looks fine. A friend who is a landscaper is taking care of getting the pots for me, so that is covered, but I wondered if anyone had any tips for how to make this as successful (= profitable!) as possible?

I figured I'd put an ad in the paper... the dated sales part where the garage sales are. I will state that the plants are full-grown, all perennials, and they will be labeled with specific care instructions and common and latin names.

For the sale, I will dig up the plants at the last possible minute so they look great and I will group the plants by shade or sun ...charge $3-4 for a 1-gallon and $7-8 for a 2-gallon? I will have gardening books on a table so people can see the flowers of those not in bloom at the time. Sound good or bad? What would make you want to come? What would make you want to buy?

Comments (12)

Sponsored