SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cmlaracy

Skylands Placement

7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

So I snagged a gorgeous 5' Skylands for a great price from my local nursery. I have a location that is seemingly perfect. 2 hours of morning sun, heavily filtered (deciduous canopy) afternoon shade, and 3.5 hours of late afternoon sun, so burn will not be an issue at all. Very close to 6 hours of delicate morning and late afternoon sun, couldn't be more perfect. It's also on a little mini hill in extremely well draining soil... AND it's close enough to the house, and on the correct side, that it will be completely sheltered from all winter winds. So basically it's the perfect spot in every regard.

***Here's the issue, once very late August, basically the beginning of September rolls around, the sun has moved over enough that it's entirely behind that tree line that was creating the afternoon shade. 0 hours of sun, none in the morning, afternoon, or late afternoon. Some heavily filtered sun, but no real full sun.

SO, great sun all spring and summer up until late late august, and then its basically in full shade. Will this be a big problem? Will it cause the tree to green out? Thanks! Also, the shade is all from deciduous trees so it won't stick around into fall, the leaves will drop and open it back up.

Comments (52)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting