SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
islandgarden

Shingle Style House Kitchen Puzzle: Make the Cabinets Fit This Space!

islandgarden
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

If you enjoy puzzles, you might find this fun. Help me figure out where I can place each cabinet to make this kitchen work!

I bought a kitchen (see attached photo, layout and floorplan). It contains most of the cabinets you see except the run of cabinets on the wall with the double ovens. This is for the main kitchen (sink run 17' x french door run 23'). Ignore the butler's pantry as we will get custom cabinets to fit in there due to size constraints.

We want to use as many of these cabinets as possible while maximizing the design/beauty of the space. Once we figure out the plan we will have a few custom cabinets made to match.

Ground rules; we are not getting rid of any windows! and they have to stay pretty much where they are in the floorplan as light and view are the 2 most most important things we want out of this renovation.

Here is the original kitchen in all its glory (I lurve it.. including those light fixtures --any leads?)

This is the crudely drawn sketch that came with the photo above to show which cabinet is which. Double oven run is not included.

And this is the floorplan of my 23 x 17 foot planned kitchen into which the cabinets above need to go (along with a few custom pieces we will order to make this all work).

Range, fridge and sink stay (sink to be centered). Windows and door stay (and will not get smaller). It's all about the light and the view. But appliances can shift by a few inches here or there. Cabinets to be used in the main kitchen and island.

KITCHEN COMPONENTS

Base cabinets

47" x 24" 3 drawer cabinet

48" x 24" 3 drawer cabinet

44" x 24" corner cabinet

38 x 24" cabinet

45" x 24" sink base cabinet (I want one big sink not a double sink)

24" x 24" base cabinet (garbage/recycling)

Upper cabinets (with shelves)

range hood 50" x 25" x 33" (don't need to use this)

wall cabinet 59.5 x 51 x 12.5

wall cabinet 69.5 x 51 x 12.5 (43 inches exposed, left side hidden in corner)

wall cabinet with glass front 43 x 51 x 12.5

wall cabinet with glass front 21" x 51" x 12.5"

Appliances

undercounter refrigerated drawers unit (27")

will get a new fridge

will get a new dishwasher

range--can either use our 30" induction range or move up to 36" or (??) 48" gas range depending on kitchen layout

Any good and free online design programs (that are easier to use than Google Sketch Up?)

Many thanks in advance for your help in making these cabinets work!

Comments (15)