SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_799534

Drawers can't clear wall ovens-help

Lee
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

What is the best way to solve. After spending months getting a plan, my cabinets went in last week. I don't have the hardware yet and didn't open my drawers until tonight. As you can see the bottom drawer hits the drawer in the wall oven cabinet. Wall ovens were supposed to be installed Tuesday but the top two drawers would not clear the ovens when it's in place. Help! What is best way to fix this. I need a plan tomorrow. Drawer stops? (The drawers are designed to fully extend). Reconfigure corner somehow. The biggest issue was trying to make sure I have enough clearance with my side by side wall ovens and fridge. They wanted to avoid filler but I read accounts of fridge doors getting dented by their oven handle so they put some filler in between appliances. Besides drawer stops, I thought maybe make the drawer set narrower and build out lower cabinet next to wall oven so it's flush....but then the over hang of counter would stick out past wall oven cabinetI'm so disappointed as I thought I was leaving this to the professionals?! Thank you.

Comments (32)