SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_129235

moving - Help with purchasing a New washer/Dryer Please

Boopadaboo
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

starting my own thread as suggested by Enduring.

My wants are the heater, allergen and sanitize. I think from reading I don't want tier 3 because of low water? I have a husband allergic to dust mites and two young kids who make a mess of their school uniform shirts! I also would like large as I wash our king comforters regularly. nice to have would be the rinse cycle and the load and go detergent.

I had a Duet set 2 houses ago that was great, although I am sure they have changed in 17 years. :) what I liked was there were no issues and without doing anything special cotton clothing came out with minimal wrinkling. (this could be user error as I see from reading the threads here I have a lot to learn about doing laundry)

I was set on the WFW95HEDC. until I saw it discontinued. in this thread similar thread from 6 months ago

The WFW87HEDW is on sale at HD by me. I could just go with that, but is there something better with enough water that replaced the 95?

one other question I don't see the 87 model listed on this site. should I worry about that? NSF

oh and I do not want an LG, that is pretty much my only requirement. I have an LG set now and am not sad that we are leaving it behind when we move in a couple of weeks :) It is noisy - that hammer thing, everything is always wrinkly, the dryer is terrible and a few other things. The thing I do like is that on the babywear setting it is fabulous at getting out stains.

I am willing and able to spend more or buy a different brand if it will make it magical to do laundry!

Lastly - do you all just get a matching dryer as they are not too material to having a good laundry experience?

THank you in advance!

Comments (35)