SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
monicakm1

My Bedroom Makeover Bubble Has Been Busted :(

monicakm_gw
7 years ago

The picture below is what I was aiming for. This photo is from the Milliken website showing their carpet (in the color I wanted) in a bedroom. I Photoshopped the Tropical Dusk walls. Picture of purple flower is/was to go in the en-suite. The samples Milliken mailed to me were the color indicated in the photo. God sent us the perfect painter at a more than reasonable price (according to DH whom would rather eat a bowl of bugs than paint!) and I was ready to order the carpet. Bubble Buster...I got the Milliken Arietta retail sample board. The Stately Beige on the 9x9 sample the company sent is MUCHO lighter than on the retail store sample board :( I don't think the sample board sample color is going to work and give me that light airy floor that blends in with the Marazzi "Moonlight" colored travertine-look porcelain tile in the en-suite. And I don't think I'm going to find a dusky plum, for the walls, that will look good with it. Am I out of luck or is there a way to make this work? And by that I mean do you think there is a plum/purple that will go with this carpet? I'm willing to go with the carpet even tho it has much more contrast between the two colors that I wanted. I would have been madder than a wet hen if I ordered this carpet based on the swatches the company sent me :o

Comments (17)