SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
altiptoentx

Lemon tree branch and leaf questions.

altiptoentx
7 years ago

LHello All,

I have three lemon trees, I know that the tallest is Lisbon but am not sure of the other two. I should preface my questions with the fact that they have not had the best of care. Mostly me reacting to and trying to correct issues as they arise. This year I have been more attentive and in hopes to get better I have decided to join this forum and help my trees to flourish. The first question concerns the Lisbon, it a has a lower branch that began growing sometime ago. The rest of the tree began to put out leaves as well so I thought that it was just a growth spurt due to getting repotted and more attention. I have done the same with all three trees. They all bloomed and the two smaller ones now have fruit, but the Lisbon lost it's fruits when they were small and seems to have stopped putting out new growth except for the lower branch. So could it be that this branch is actually a sucker and I should cut it or am I having other issues. I have taken photos which I will try to attach. Also, while taking these photos I noticed that the support stake which was in the pot when I purchased the plant had cut into the trunk right where another branch joined and was rusting. Could this poison the tree? The two smaller trees have lately developed some leaf issues. Some is them seem mottled with yellow faint spots.

This is the lower branch and above it is where the metal rod was.
This is the top which has no new growth.
best photo I could get due to sun location of the entire tree.
Leaf issues of the two smaller trees

Thanks for any input, advice or criticism of my past care. I have referred to the input on this forum in the past only not as a member. By the way I am in Dallas, Texas if that helps in determining any helpful solutions. Thanks!

Comments (4)