SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
klseiverd

flat screen TV - part deux!?!

anoriginal
7 years ago

Went to Best Buy and bought a 19" for kitchen and 32" for LR. Total 199,98... 2 PENNIES short of getting 6 months no interest?? I just looked at the "kid" and asked if I could just GIVE him the $.02! Had to say... do something to make this work or keep the TVs. The "big" one can't weigh any more than 10 lbs and small on probably no more than 5 lbs.

Got it home and out of the box. Was assured all there was to it was unhook old TV and hook up new one... easy peasy, as someone here said! Besides the power cord, only thing hooked to old TV is hunka cable coming from cable adapter/box. Cable comes into house and hooks to that little box and it has a power cord int wall.

I hook everything up and NOTHING!?! Only way I could get new set to come on was pressing one of the handful of buttons on side. I never use TV remote... just cable remote and THAT was doing nothing?? Took some finagling but figured out batteries were no good for new remote. Went thru a long scan to find channels... found NONE?? I tried hooking directly to cable without the little box... nuthin! Got frustrated... gonna call Comcast tomorrow... and when they tell me "ya just..."... I just may SCREAM! No manual came with the TV... it's online... not doing me any good when computer and kitchen are on different floors in locations about as far apart as possible?

Never even opened box for "big" TV... went into Scarlett O'Hara mode... I'll think about that tomorrow!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-OoIvgtuzs

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!