SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
matt_alawi

Rubber Plant Dying - Drooping Leaves

Matt
7 years ago

Hi - I bought a rubber plant from a garden centre around 1-2 months ago. It actually appears to be 4 plants in one pot. I repotted the plant into a self-watering container, but unfortunately some of the plants seem to be suffering.

I am fairly sure that it is not a watering issue as one of the plants is thriving with new leaves developing and a turgid stem throughout. However some of the others are dropping leaves and have shrivelled stems/trunks which leads me to think that there may be an issue with the roots.

i have attached some photos to try to show the issue - if anyone has any advice/ideas as to the problem then I would be very grateful for the help!

Also any ideas as to how to maybe fix it (eg completely removing the dying plant including roots/cutting it from the base and removing/waiting to see how it fares) would be much appreciated. I should note that in 1 month the self-watering pot will be ready to water through the reservoir system (eg water being taken up from below) - not sure if this would likely save the plants that are dying?

thanks for he help!

Matt

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting