SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
selint387

Help with my knockout roses!

7 years ago

Hi and thanks in advance for any advice! I planted five knockout rose bushes at the beginning of the summer and so far I've lost one and it looks like another is on its way out. I live in the Dallas, TX area and all the roses are in the same garden bed. They get full morning sun with some afternoon shade and I have them set up to water automatically with my sprinkler system. As you can see in the picture below the leaves are turning brown and dying. It just rained last night but normally they are crunchy not wilted. If you look at the bottom picture on the far left you can see the rose bush that has slowly died over the course of the summer. It did the same thing turning brown and dying a cane at a time until I finally gave in and pruned it to the ground about a week and a half ago. At that time the four remaining bushes all looked like the healthy one in the picture. Over the last week and a half this next one has deteriorated rapidly! There doesn't seem to be anything eating the leaves. All five get the same water/sun/fertilizer and the other three still look great. I did have some problems with black spot in my front flower bed that has mostly cleared up. I found a couple leaves on these back roses but I pruned them right away and they didn't seem to notice. Could something be attacking the roots? Is there something else I'm missing? Thanks and sorry for the length!

Comments (9)