SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lcarter1447

Need Help - Bugs are Killing my Knockout Roses

Lisa C
7 years ago

Hi, I just joined the forum today. I need some advice. My husband and I bought six knockout rose plants last year. We know very little about them but, are interested in learning how to care for them properly. We love roses and heard that knockout roses are fairly low maintenance. I'm not sure if that is true or not. The plants did well last year but, this year we seem to have a swarm of little black bugs that we can't get rid of. They are killing the rose bushes and leaving big holes in the leaves. I've googled the different type of pests that like roses but, none of the photos I have found seem to be resemble what are on our plants. Out of desperation, I bought two products to spray/use on the them. I just looked outside and see there are still bugs on the bushes (although not nearly as many today). My husband sprayed a multi-purpose fungicide, insecticide, miticide 3 in 1 product on the plants yesterday. I took a picture of one of the bugs. Can someone tell me what it is and how to get rid of them? They are ruining my plants. Thanks in advance for any help or advice you can provide.

~Lisa C.

Comments (13)