SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
k8keight

I need some plant suggestions

Kate
7 years ago

Hi all! This forum has been super helpful when it came to my Jade plants. I have a new dilemma. I used to have little Jade plants (they're all over my house) in our bedroom, but they weren't getting enough light where they were. We need new plants!

Our bedroom is in a south west corner. We have windows facing south and west - BUT no room for plants IN either of those. There is an A.C. in the west window, and our bed is in front of the south windows.

We are looking for plants that will do fine with bright light coming from both of those windows. We have a tall bookshelf in that corner between the two windows. We would like a plant for on top of that bookshelf. Also, we have a dresser on the wall facing the west window (see photo). We would like a plant that can be happy on that dresser too.

Here's the thing. We only keep the A.C. on at night when we're ready for bed. So, I'm guessing the plants would have to be ok with a bit of fluctuating temperatures.

What do you guys suggest?

I was thinking something droopy, like a lipstick plant for the bookshelf... but I read that those don't like cold drafts.

Comments (7)