SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
danielle_preston

Help me with my off-center fireplace

Danielle Preston
7 years ago

We just moved into this house. This room will mainly be a play-room/workout space. The asymmetry is definitely intentional.... but it still makes me twitch a little. The (very dirty) mirror is just up there to see how it feels. I'm not set on putting it there yet. If I do, I was thinking of centering it between the windows and putting something tall on the left edge of the hearth for balance. But, at the same time, I feel like it makes the room feel like it's going to fall to one side. :P Both windows will most likely be getting outside mount roman shades hung up high (inside mount is my first choice.... but the windows are new and were installed as "innies". There is nowhere for inside mount shades to go.) And the baseboard heater will eventually either be removed or replaced with one that is the same color as the baseboards. So.... ideas??? Does my plan sound good? I'm open to anything really. My style is modern/industrial/eclectic. Unfortunately, re-doing the fireplace is not in the budget at the moment.

Comments (10)