SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosecanadian

Roses I'm thinking of getting rid of

rosecanadian
7 years ago

Well, I think there are five of my roses that I'm going to get rid of. Evelyn was going to be one of them, but now it is starting to finally bloom the first time this year. I've had it for about 3 years. I don't think we had enough heat this year for it to bloom. It's been cold and rainy.

Anyway, thse are the 5:

1. Jubilee Celebration - I know we've had a lot of hail...but all of the canes are bent over, and then the flowers bend over even more. It's a bit ridiculous. The canes may not be strong enough to survive our weather.

2. The Poet's Wife - new rose this year that has grown a lot. But the canes are wimpy and look like Jubilee Celebration's but worse. Plus the flowers smell like marigolds - yuck.

3. Big Purple - just doesn't grow enough. Short wimpy thing. Maybe needs more warmth than it can get here.

4. Just Joey - wonderful flowers, but the bush is only 1 foot tall after 4 years. No fragrance.

5. Falstaff - well this is a new rose that looked horrible when I got it. I had to cut it down to 1 cane. It's starting to leaf out a bit and has one flower at the very top. There's no fragrance. I'm probably going to keep this one as I haven't given it a chance.

What are your thoughts on these roses?

Thanks!

Carol

Comments (80)