SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shadygarden_co

Help! I think I'm losing my roses to powdery mildew.

shadygarden_CO
15 years ago

This is the third year for these own root roses: two New Dawn climbers and Ballerina. They are watered three times a week by the sprinkler system and I have fertilized twice this year with Mile Hi Rose Food, which is what the Denver Rose Society recommends. At the end of last year I noticed that one of the New Dawns, the one closest to where I have a drainage pipe exiting the yard and the one that I think is on lower ground (yard slants that direction) -- anyway, it had what I thought was powdery mildew, so I sprayed it a couple of times with Neem and I thought that did the trick. Then this spring I saw the mildew (or what I thought was mildew) again and sprayed it again with Neem, which seemed to help, but now it has spread to the other New Dawn. There is a Jeanne Lajoie in between the two New Dawns, and it seems okay, but Ballerina, which is in front of Jeanne Lajoie, is also affected, I'm afraid, and I think possibly a couple of perennials, Blue Hill Salvia and Veronica Speedwell Goodness Grows.

I am going to try to post pics of the New Dawn and would really appreciate advice on what to do.

Marlene

{{gwi:306088}}

p.s. I have more pictures but don't know how to post more than one.

Comments (20)