SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aliska12000

I think maybe I'm going to be really happy with this unknown rose

aliska12000
14 years ago

Perennials to plant, was waiting for overcast but maybe can't, papers to fill out, etc., but I went out to check some things and saw the buds were starting to open. Since it's the first year of bloom for this plant, they are on the small side. Another once bloomer.

I just love the color of them. Let's not get into the nitty gritty of comparing it to the mother plant right now, maybe after I get the other things done I can find those photos) a year or two ago somebody thought it might be Charles de Mills. I don't know.

It's on a flat spot on top of a terrace and I was slipping, plus I had to hold this one up. Made the photos smallish because of load time.

{{gwi:268852}}

Here's the whole bush from the sidewalk looking up the terrace. It may get enormous, but it has plenty of room for now, be pretty if it cascades over the terrace. I know, weeds, weeds, and more weeds, try to get some each day.

{{gwi:268853}}

I managed to root two of these. This one below rooted in situ in more shade, still sets buds, and bloomed last year (deformed from that icky stuff pictured or whatever). I'm going to have to be more aggressive about that did try to blast it with hose a couple times, but it already had a head start on me.

{{gwi:268854}}

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!