SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rocketdb15

Moisture in basement of new build home

rocketdb15
7 years ago

Me and my wife did a walk through of our new build home (approximately 1 month from closing, everything in build process is nearly complete but gutter installation and final grading of yard along with required inspections) and noticed several areas of moisture on the basement floor (unfinished basement, studded with insulation). I pulled back the insulation near the areas where there seemed to be moisture on the floor and discovered the insulation that was touching the wall to be moist.. We observed the same thing in two other areas of the basement.. No standing water was observed and it has been raining for the past 24 hours.. Not sure if this is a minor issue in regards to condensation or the concrete drying out, or if this could be a major issue.. Speaking with the building manager this week about the issue, just wanted to see if there's any opinions out there on possible causes and solutions before I speak with him.. The more I know before my conversation with the builder the better!

Comments (2)