SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okiedawn1

Another Day, Another Terror Attack....

Hysterical chickens and barking dogs all day. I kept looking for whatever was causing them anxiety and couldn't find it. Finally, after several hours of that, I went out the front door and found a coyote in the front shrub bed. I expect he was looking for a chicken (they were huddled on the porch of the house a few feet away) for his or her mid-day meal. Because I had walked out the door without a gun, I just shouted at it and it ran off. He probably had been lurking in the woods north of the house all day because the chickens were all staying on the south side of the house, and I did go outside and look around repeatedly but never spotted the source that was causing all the uproar. After all these years, coyote confrontations still make my heart pound. I always wonder what will happen one day when I yell at one to "get on out of here" in my best, redneck-accented hollering voice and it turns and comes at me instead of running from me.

Meanwhile in the garden, the blister beetle population is exploding in this heat.

There's too many little terrorists in our yard and garden right now.

And, I do not say this to make light in any way of the real-life apparent terror situation that is ongoing today.

I have been watching the news reports of the attacks in Munich, Germany. Any yard, garden or poultry problem we have in our yard today is nothing at all compared to actual terrorist attacks. My thoughts and prayers are with all the folks killed and those injured, and I hope the authorities find and stop these terrorists before they kill more people. What is this world coming to?

Dawn

Comments (10)