SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
goldenpond_gw

another Bobcat attack

goldenpond
15 years ago

Yesterday we heard my JINXIE (cuyuga duck ) sound her alarm.

Jim and I were both home so we ran to the pond to see a FAT racoon trying to get to the ducks in broad daylight.

Jim set the trap for that masked bandit as we both really loves those ducks and we wondered if their was something wrong with the raccoon being out during the day. Today we noticed the bait had been stolen from the trap but didn't close.

This AM we were enjoying the peace and tranquility of the pond when a bobcat started out of the woods. A year ago we had lost our dear Dixie duck to a much larger Bobcat and I chased it to the edge of the property only to see him jump the fence with her in his mouth never to be seen again.

So we were afraid of that happening again.

Again, Jinxie sounded her alarm QUACKING LOUDLY at the bobcats presence. I shrieked and Jim went running. The bobcat grabbed Felix our male Pekin duck and off he went with Jim in hot pursuit. Barefoot, Jim chased him jumping over the fence and crawling beneath the Australian pines. Finally he said he heard a faint quacking and found Felix bleeding and in shock. The bobcat had dropped him and ran. Jim carried the ducks limp bloody body back and we hosed off the blood to assess the damage.

A giant puncture wound to his face and probably internal damage. We put Felix and Jinxie in the secure duck house to wait it out and see.Normally the king of the pond he stood wobbily staring into space.

These ducks are my little garden buddies with more personality than you can imagine.

My hubby is my hero,even if it turns out to be in vain.

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County