SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
a1an

All this talk about STTP and additives / What's on your shelf

a1an
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

OK. With all this recent reading of Houzz/GW threads and the recent STTP threads...

I'm curious. What's on your laundry shelves and Why ?

Larsi's recent thread sorta of pushed me to post this topic. ;-)

I'm fairly simple ! Tide, Downey, a glass jar with Sodium Precarb. Woolite and some bac out. That's out. I rarely use the Sodium Percarb . Sometimes for soaks. I mainly use it as my go to when I run a sanitize cycle on the washer

I'm not akin to buying products. Guilty at some point in my life where I had at least 8 Grand in various car waxes ;-/

Tried like 10 zillion dishwasher options , even spending quite a h00t on importing some stuff from overseas. Settled on on 3 products. Cascade Plantinum for grimey/greasy dishes. Finish Quantum for lightly soiled partyware cups/etc. Somat Powder in my other DW that will only take powder (no tabs - Miele Pro)

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of adding anything ~extra~ short of whatever product I am using. I would think the eng1neers are smarter than me and I would be counteracting what chemicals/enzymes/yadda yadda that are in said product.

I have fairly soft water so maybe if I had hard water, this might be a different discussion on how I approach the variety of what I mix with ?

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022