SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beekeeperswife_gw

Can we talk about Stainless BS w/warming shelf over range?

12 years ago

I'm leaning towards getting a 36" Bluestar range top, with a 42" vent hood (TBD). I like the idea of having a warming shelf, so I think I'd like to do the high back (21 or 24" not sure what is offered). And we had planned to do stainless behind that piece to the bottom of the hood to give a nice clean all ss look.

But, you are way ahead of me here aren't you?, I woke up in the middle of the night and thought....How do we do that? 36" range to 42" vent......

I can't find any photos of the ss the width of the hood with a shelf going to the counter. I can find photos of the shelf going up the 21 or 24" and then tile between the two. But for some reason, I like the look of all ss, it just "looks" better to my eye.

Anybody have any ideas? Opinions? Photos?

traditional kitchen design by san francisco general contractor Chris Donatelli Builders

Here the range and hood are the same size

traditional kitchen design by austin interior designer Greg Logsdon

this one looks like a larger hood, but it must just be a piece of ss, not the one offered from the range manufacturer that would have a shelf. But you get the idea. Should I do something like this? Just get a piece made 42" wide, and add my own ss shelf?

modern kitchen design by amsterdam media and blogs Iris

Thanks for all your patience with my questions!

Comments (14)