SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debbie_jean_brown

Need help with party game ideas

Debbie B.
7 years ago

I need all your creative brains!

Saturday Joy and I are hosting a garden party! There will be 10-15 women, including us. Age range is 8-? If my next door neighbor doesn't come, I'll be the oldest and I'm 56.

This was Joy's idea to help pass along our way-too-much stuff to people who will use it. They are all friends and neighbors and understand the hoarding situation.

So to make it fun, we're having a garden party. We'll serve a light lunch, play a few games, and then they can wander through our vast "treasure chest," i.e. the VAST amount of stuff we're giving away and they can load up and take home whatever they want! Everything will be out on the yard--I guess that's the "garden" part, lol. We have a lot of boxes and paper, so they can box up their stuff and take it home. Also, they can bring any household items from home that they aren't using and add to the treasure chest so maybe someone else can use them. Everything left over will be donated to charity.

So...we have a few special things we want to give away as prizes, just to make it fun. We'll have those items in the house on a bookshelf and whenever someone "wins," she can pick a prize.

We'll hand out numbers as each person arrives and later pick a number out of a hat, and that will be the door prize. We also have a very pretty, small jar we'll put m&ms in and whoever guesses the closest number wins the jar.

We wanted to play a couple of games that are relatively easy and fun for all ages. We're coming up dry, lol. I haven't been to a shower or party for years, and I just can't think of anything! I don't want to embarrass anyone; I need games that aren't competitive in that sense. One game could be teams, and maybe one or two that are individual?? (Nothing involving alcohol.)

OK all y'all! Give me your best ideas! Of course, you're all invited!!! :-)

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living