SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
plainjane425

halloween party ideas )) help !!

plainjane425
17 years ago

Posted by slinkey (My Page) on Sat, Sep 2, 06 at 13:32

Hi, I need to 'pick' your brains, for some clever thoughts on this Outdoor Halloween Party that we are giving. It's for a mixed age group. There will be couples w/small children, and some couples by themselves. It's a Pot Luck, Costumes are Optional, and EVERYONE is required to bring a Carved Jack O'Lantern. There will be prizes for ALL. (diff categories). We plan to do this outdoors,(more space for some outdoor games for the kids). We thought it would be nice to give the kids rides in my husband's tractor cart filled w/hay, and have the Big Shed decorated w/Halloween stuff. Also have bales of hay for seating. The main event, of course, will be the Jack O'Lanterns and prizes. Two ques...would it be 'tacky', if the weather is NOT good, to move this indoors, to the basement? It's a new home, the basement is not finished, and completely empty. We would of course, decorate it. At this point, I don't know many children will be coming. My obvious concerns are, being able to accomodate the adults and the kids in the house properly. My husband thinks this would be offensive to set it up in the basement. Second Ques..any good ideas for Prizes? For BEST-IN-SHOW,I plan on making 2 categories -children and adult and award each a special prize..Then EVERYONE will win in different categories, and award something small. Do You have any suggestions with this thought. Also, who should Judge, and How? I know I've 'Heaped' alot into this for you guys to think about..., I Welcome and Thank YOu...for ANY thoughts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments (17)

Sponsored
More Discussions