What kind of a gift would you get?
10 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (37)
- 10 years ago
Related Discussions
What fun gifts did you get?
Comments (8)My brother & sil found this gift for me - she doesn't craft but loves to go to craft shows in their hometown and has found somed beautiful things to send me! Its a cake pan (sheet cake type) with a solid lid on it. On the lid, the lady had somehow put a lighthouse. It looks like she did it with some kind of dremel ? The whole design is done with tiny holes(hope this is making sense) She also has somehow engraved my whole name on the side of the pan so noone will forget who that pan belongs to if I take it somewhere for a dinner or something. Of course the top of the pan is hunter green just like my kitchen. Also sent me the cutest snowman made out of polymer clay with a bird on his head!! They really put a lot of thought into gifts they send us....See MoreWhat wedding gifts (if any) did you get from parents/inlaws?
Comments (4)We eloped and there were no parents to give us gifts. My parents were dead, and his parents did not even bother to raise him. We have two married children. We gave our daughter a large wedding, and I think that was it. His parents gave them a lovely rehearsal dinner and an island honeymoon. We gave our son his wedding and a check to use to buy a house some day instead of a honeymoon. Originally, the check was for the honeymoon they decided against as they priced houses in the area....See MoreWhat gift would you like to pass along this holiday season?
Comments (12)I'd like to give a shot of common sense to everyone. To the ones who have to stay in the lane to try to get just one more car length before cutting over and making everyone panic stop. The ones who think a flu shot will keep them from getting sick. The ones who think they're saving money by putting things on credit cards with minimal monthly payments. The ones who think they're doing themselves good by moving every few years, refinancing to lower their payments rather than the amount paid and the coupon queens who think they're saving money by buying things they won't use and only bought it because they had a coupon. And the ones that think paying an annual fee to walk in the door of the Grab-n-Grunt is saving them money. I could go on, but I'd sure like to share that rare commodity called "common sense"....See MoreWhat would you do??About a gift...
Comments (29)That was really sweet of your DH to surprise you with the earrings. The screw backs were a very valid concern. I'm glad you told him & you both are happy now. I've had DH buy me things & I just didn't want to hurt his feelings but didn't really like the item either. Of course, he notices when I don't wear it & then his feelings are hurt because I'm not wearing it. Better to be honest, IMO. DH told me he wanted to buy me jewelry for Christmas. The mistake I've made in the past is hurting his feelings by telling him that we couldn't afford what he bought & actually getting upset with him for buying me something nice. I'm very fortunate to have such a sweet DH to keep surprising me after me doing this. So this year when he told me that he wanted to buy me jewelry, I told him that it really wasn't necessary, that I'd had plenty this year (we just built a house & bought quite a bit of new furniture). He said he still wanted to get me something. So I asked if it was ok if I went shopping with him so I could point out things I wanted. It worked out really great; I love my new jewelry & he was glad I went because I chose a white gold setting & he told me he would've gotten yellow gold....See More- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
Related Stories

LIFEThe Polite House: How Can I Kindly Get Party Guests to Use Coasters?
Here’s how to handle the age-old entertaining conundrum to protect your furniture — and friendships
Full Story
PAINTINGBulletproof Decorating: How to Pick the Right Kind of Paint
Choose a paint with some heft and a little sheen for walls and ceilings with long-lasting good looks. Here are some getting-started tips
Full Story
EVENTSGet Out and Get Inspired! 7 Top Design Events
See what's on the Houzz list of things to see and do Sept. 16-Oct. 7, 2011
Full Story
GARDENING GUIDESWhat Kind of Roses Should You Grow?
Want to add the beauty of roses to your garden? Find out which ones, from old-fashioned to modern, are right for you
Full Story
FARM YOUR YARDHouzz Call: Show Us Your One-of-a-Kind Chicken Coops
Do you have a fun or stylish backyard shelter for your feathered friends? Post your pictures and stories in the Comments!
Full Story
LANDSCAPE DESIGNWhat Kind of Gardener Are You? Find Your Archetype
Pick from our descriptions to create a garden that matches your personality and tells your story
Full Story
ACCESSORIESCollective Wisdom: Display Ideas for Collections of All Kinds
Show your interests without exposing clutter by going for artful arrangements with a unified feel
Full Story
LIFEHow to Get Along With the Neighbors — and Live Happier at Home
Everyone wins when neighbors treat one another with kindness, consideration and respect
Full Story
20 Holiday Essentials to Get You to New Year's
Sail through the holidays without a hitch by having these gifting and entertaining necessities at the ready
Full Story
MOST POPULAR5 Ways to Pare Down Your Stuff — Before It Gets in the Door
Want to free up some room around the house? Rethink gift giving, give yourself a shopping mantra and just say, ‘No, thank you’ to freebies
Full Story
jim_1 (Zone 5B)