SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
loreleicomal

Fall San Antonio Plant Swap, Oct. 8

loreleicomal
7 years ago

It's official, the park has been reserved, payment has been made. Mark your calendars.

Comments (154)

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    7 years ago

Thanks Lorelei, but not planning to attend the swap this time. There would be too strong a temptation to bring something home! ... :-) Y'all have fun! I know you will.

• bluegirl_gw
    7 years ago

Tally, prayers for you & you friend, that you will both get better soon.

Gardenlover--sure thing, I have lots of five gallons, will bring you some.

I haven't done much to prepare, but can pull up dragonshead, 4 leaf water clover, eel grass, lizard tail, four o'clocks (haha), lambs ear, Tahitian wedding flower, etc. They'll literally be pulled up & wrapped in wet paper--sorry, just couldn't pull it together this year AFTER THE STORM THAT DUMPED 2.5"-3" HAIL ON US IN MAY & ALL THE SUBSEQUENT REPAIRS & CRUD GOING ON HERE!!!

Not that I'm bitter, but gee whiz, what a year...I need me a good swap meet to cheer up :-D

• Related Discussions

HAVE: San Antonio Fall Swap Oct. 8, 2011--Pix of New Location

Q

Comments (150)
    going to be loading my car as well soon, just in case we get some rain - I would like everything to be in there, I have other things I did not mention before - plants that is, that I am bringing too- sure there will be people there who are just starting- and I started doing clippings and now have way too many of some things out here.
    ...See More

HAVE: San Antonio Plant Swap Oct. 12, 2013 at Rogiers Park

Q

Comments (4)
    Hi I'm looking for pitaya cactus and a sweet lime tree also called at times a Palestine sweet lime or "Lima dulce". I have an a wide variety of plants to trade or am willing to pay a fair price your choice contact me at arstg62@aol.com thanks-Araceli
    ...See More

HAVE: San Antonio Fall Plant Swap

Q

Comments (150)
    Kathy do you remember how I almost got arrested, getting those cuttings for that gal in Dallas? I still can't belive I did that. The thread asked for anyone in San Antonio area, begging them to take cutting from the rose, because it was going to be destroyed, by construction the next week. I went down after work, started cutting from the sidewalk. The owner came out and asked me what I was doing?I think I almost fainted. The lady from Dallas drove down, but had an emergency. She had to leave before I got off work, so she never got all those cuttings. I never wanted the Rose, I was just trying to help. That was the day I became a Rose Rustler. The owner of the Rose Emporium, worked where I did, and he really wanted that rose, but I never got back with him. Barbra
    ...See More

San Antonio Plant Swap (SAPS) Oct. 18, 2014

Q

Comments (2)
    We've started our trade lists on the Texas Exchanges Forum. Link above. Come on over ...
    ...See More
  • Vulture61
    7 years ago

Bluegirl, would you like a Salvia sinaloensis?

Omar

• bluegirl_gw
    7 years ago

Thank you Omar, but a nice guy gave me one this spring ;-D

• loreleicomal
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Froglady (Pat) said to tell everyone she was coming but hasn't felt well enough to make a list

• Vulture61
    7 years ago

Oh, my!. Am I a senior citizen already or what? :D

Omar

• castro_gardener
    7 years ago

MARA.....TALLY....... I know both of you had issues which might keep you from coming. Do you know yet if you will make it ?

• bluegirl_gw
    7 years ago

Harhar, Omar, my old man, welcome to old fogiedom. It has it's drawbacks, but also it's advantages:

"ehhh, I never heard you say that",

"well I just forgot"

"too heavy for me to lift"

"my old back won't let me mop/sweep/wash windows/etc. anymore"

Enjoy, & use it wisely ;-D

• mamachile
    7 years ago
    Hello plant swap nation. Sorry have not been able to come here sooner. We just got back from our travel so not prepared for the swap. A lot of our plants died
  • wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    7 years ago

Darn, isn't that the price of a good trip. I have paid it many times. come and let us give you some plants.

• mamachile
    7 years ago

Thank you Mara but we are proven guilty, should be sent to the gallow and banned for cruelty to plants. However, on a different light, a stray mommy cat brought six blue/grey kitten to live under the car hood while we were gone. If anyone would like to adopt any or knows anyone to please let us know.

• mamachile
    7 years ago
    Six little kittens need new home. Now only five left.
  • gardenlover1
    7 years ago

Thank you Bluegirl for the pots.

• loreleicomal
    Original Author
    7 years ago

I'm not speaking for Tally but she commented on Facebook that her surgery was not successful, the stones were not able to be removed and that she's in a LOT of pain. So I don't think she'll be able to make it. Anyone have a mailing address for her?

• mamachile
    7 years ago
    Prayers for Tally for speedy recovery.
  • castro_gardener
    7 years ago

Thank you for the update, Lorelei. I have a close friend who has had kidney stones for many years and I know it's a really painful thing to go through. Get well soon, Tally!

• gardenlover1
    7 years ago

meriberi: Do you have any cuttings of Perle D’Or, Reve D'Or?

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    7 years ago

That is awful to hear about Tally . Tally, you are in my prayers.

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Yes Tally, you have our prayers for pain alleviation, and good wishes for a quick solution to the kidney stone problem. Nothing can keep a good woman like you down for very long!

Tally has a lot of great plant photos on her Facebook Page, including this one which you can take as a slogan for tomorrow's swap:

• meriberi
    7 years ago

gardenlover,

Yes, I can bring you Perle d'Or cuttings, but I wouldn't describe it as yellow - it looks apricot to me. Also, I won't be there until at least 11:00 - will you still be there?

• castro_gardener
    7 years ago

Ragna, I don't think anyone at a swap is gonna say that. :-)

• gardenlover1
    7 years ago

Yes, Meriberi, I will stay, but have to leave at the most by 11:15am for my daughter's girl scout service.

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    7 years ago

Guys & Gals, I am coming. I thought I responded above to Patty, but I must not have submitted. I am packing now.

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    7 years ago

I have some flame flower,

small seedling of sweet autumn clematis

Flame aniscanthus

agarita

toothache tree

dalea purpuria

and pokeberry

american beaty berry Purple and some white ( small).

• nbtonya
    7 years ago

Meredith, If your rose bush can spare a few more cuttings (even one) I would love to have some!

• Vulture61
    7 years ago

I am not talking to myself anymore, then.

Omar

• mamachile
    7 years ago

Mike and i said we will pop by the swap and say hello. Ragna, i like that sign in your dream garden instead "if i buy anymore plants, my husband is going to leave me... I sure going to miss that man"

• mamachile
    7 years ago

Omar you are funny

• bluegirl_gw
    7 years ago

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that Tally didn't get good results--how disappointing.

Sorry also Mamachile that you lost plants.

Gardenlover, I took cuttings of Perle & Reve this morning, There are plenty to split with Tonya.

See y'all tomorrow!

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    7 years ago

My husband was experiencing the beginnings of a kidney stone this week and I gave him several cups of chaya tea and the pain went away. Could have just stalled till it moves again, but the guy is drinking all the leaves off of my plant. I think I have a chaya addict now. Chaya is great for diabetes too.

• abarbie4me2
    7 years ago

We made it to SA, see y'all tomorrow

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    7 years ago

I have finished packing and then I had to go out and dig up some Dalea greggii to add to the car.Someone make me stop!!!!

• mamachile
    7 years ago
    Mara you are definitely having a PDHD, plant deficit hyperactivity disorder lol. Last time they said there is no cure.
  • chargreen
    7 years ago

I'm coming tomorrow and bringing Margie. I have Maximillian sunflowers for Mara and Belinda's Dream cuttings for gardenlover . I have Brazos penstemons. Red columbine. Veldt grape and two cypress vines. Also some random seeds. Don't know what Margie has. Can't wait to see everyone!

• Todd C
    7 years ago

It was a pleasure to meet you guys. I had to leave suddenly so I wanted to say thank you and goodbye here. Thanks again

Todd

• Vulture61
    7 years ago

Yeah, as usual I had fun. Thanks everybody.

Omar

• bluegirl_gw
    7 years ago

Whew, just got back. For a person who didn't intend to swap, I came home with a lotto loot :-p

So many thanks to dole out!

Margie--for the Red Cascade. Hopefully by spring I can have some rooted cuttings for you.

Barbies4me2--the native Prairie Rose, the big bucket of chocolate mint, the neat little FL tassel *weed*. You have some cool things--I need to forward you a plant list.

Patty--thank you for the Canary Island suckers, the Martha Gonzales & the Little Buckeroo cuttings. And for the tons of books & magazines.--hot dog, I have lots of fun reading ahead.

Mammachile--thank you for the yummy doughnuts & coffee. Refreshments are always nice to have during a busy day of plant swapping & yakking.

Lorelei--thank you this time--& for the many times--you've secured Rogiers Park. Just the perfect, quiet place to meet, just the right size, too. And doesn't it look spiffy now? Very nice.

Tonya--thank you for the scarlet mallow--Oh, & the curly willow I rescued from the trash, haha. That makes two, now :-D

And, thanks always, for the many kind offers of plants & stuff. And especially for the good companionship & education everyone provides. Hope y'all enjoyed it & had a safe trip home. I'll try to do better in April :-D

• Todd C
    7 years ago

It was a nice and generous group. I'm excited about my plants and something I didn't expect to come home with some "sea beans" I'm going to see if they germinate just for grins. Sorry I bugged out early wife has strep so had to watch the little one

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    7 years ago

I failed to bring home less than I brought. I just got home too. I came home a really crooked route, taking photos all alomreat grasses all in blood. I got home and crash landed into a world of my computer is trying to crash constantly now . I hate real life. I just want to dig holes in the ground but it is dark out. .

• abarbie4me2
    7 years ago

We just made it home; enjoyed many stops along the way. Thanks everyone; it's completely dark out so I'll be busy tomorrow :-)

• chargreen
    7 years ago

Thanks for letting us swap with all of you. We had a great time and came home with lots of new plants.

• nbtonya
    7 years ago

Had a wonderful time yesterday! Thanks so much to everyone for the wonderful plants and wonderful conversations. Also, thanks to those who put in that extra work to make the swaps happen, time after time.

Karen, you made me laugh out loud digging that tree out of trash! I should remember to always ask you before I throw out anything!

• castro_gardener
    7 years ago

Tonya, Karen and I were the last there, waiting for Meredith before we headed over to Ragna's. We walked around to make sure all trash was picked up and I spotted the willow peeking over the top of the trash can. I told Karen the awful secret you shared with me and knew we had to rescue it. Luckily it was a plant that Karen wanted.... you should have heard the lust in her voice..... so she took it home to give it life! :-) Thank you everyone who brought me goodies !

patty

• mamachile
    7 years ago
    Thank you all as usual from Mike and mizan. See you again next year and may spring shower brings more flowers
  • wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    7 years ago

Tally, You out there lurking? I saved that agave patonii for you. See you in the spring.

• loreleicomal
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Thanks everyone for all the plants. But I'm not the one who reserves the Pavilion, it's Honeybunny Barbara who does it, I just get the word out. it was great seeing everyone and all the newbies! Maybe next year we do what Patty suggested--have a potluck after we're done swapping and yacking. Many, but not all, of the plants are in the ground, and of course, I had to stop at a plant sale and buy something on my way home!

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    7 years ago

Thank you Honey Bunny.

• bluegirl_gw
    7 years ago

Thank you HoneyBunny, Barbara. It really is a nice location.

Oh, & Lorelei, that was a great idea to get a card for us to sign for poor Tally--very thoughtful. Still hoping the dang things will resolve somehow.

LOL! Tonya: yes, Patty told me you're the one who will actually trash plants, you, you, planttrasher, you! She said we needed to scope out the cans before taking off & sure enough...

• meriberi
    7 years ago

So sorry I missed you guys, I was still on the court at noon. Fitbit says I ran 6 miles in that tiny green rectangle, so I guess it was worth it. Hope to see you all in the spring!