SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
enduring

Miele 1918 or 1113 Washer choices

enduring
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I posted another question last week about 3 machines. This is to revisit this question because one was listed wrong and the other is just too much for me to spend. The 3rd one is just a contender. So I have narrowed it down to 2 machines, the misidentified machine and the contender.

The one that was listed wrong is actually a 1918 (instead of a 1986) Several things are different. It is not as big as the 1986, being 5kg instead of 6kg capacity. Another thing, is that there is no soak option on the 1918, and I was REALLY liking that option. Still 240volt. But otherwise I don't see any other difference. The owner says he thinks the shocks on the 1986 are larger because of higher weight capacity. But he isn't positive on that. Lots of options on the control panel to select extra water, extra rinses, spin speeds, & temps.

The other machine is a 1113, still 240v and heats to something high, but the control panel no longer tells you what you are selecting, only words such as warm, hot, very hot, etc. for temps. Spin is the same way, med, high, etc. It is rather like the categories on my Miele 3033.

Any thoughts on these 2 machines. I am leaning towards the 1918. Both with rather low hours of use. Thanks.

Comments (30)