SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
coruscate_gw

miele 1113 new user question

coruscate
15 years ago

Thanks to the advice I received here, I purchased a w1113 (I was able to find a dealer who still had one in stock ). On the whole, I am very pleased, but there are a couple of things I could use some help on. First, does anyone know a way to increase the water level? (I know that the delicate cycle uses more water, but I would like to have more water in a cycle with hot or very hot water-as things stand I'm not getting thorough enough rinsing. The smell of the detergent and/or fabric softener tends to linger ( I am using persil products and never had this issue in my old Neptune. I have tried using white vinegar in the rinse as well but that doesn't seem to solve the problem, and in fact, if I use ONLY vinegar and not FS, then the vinegar odor seems to linger).

My second question concerns the proper amounts of product (detergent, FS, oxyclean, vinegar) to use. I figured that I should try using somewhat less than in my old larger capacity Neptune, but I haven't found the magic amounts yet. I am in NYC, but am not sure if I have hard or soft water. In the Neptune I found that about 1/4c of detergent seemed about right.

Any tips would be most appreciated.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022