SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
karensaylor61

Shower Door

K Sissy
7 years ago

We are getting new shower doors soon, and I wanted a hinged/ pivot door. I have gotten 2 est, and will get one more. Both times, the company employees doing the estimate said that there would be some leakage, (one indicated more leakage than the other). One company estimater would not recommend a hinged door. He recommended semi frameless bypass doors (which I hate), but said that they would put in whatever I wanted. He has done this for 8 yrs. He said our shower is not deep enough (is 24 inch deep), or long enough (45 3/4 length) to avoid leakage around the door and at the bottom, even with the seals and sweep. He said that he has had to go back to some houses time and time again to fix leaks, and he has eliminated most of them, but not all of them. What I want to know before I decide what to install is, does anyone have a frameless pivot door (roughly my size) that does or doesn't leak, if so, why do you think that this is the case, and if so, would you put in the same thing again. We are spending a decent amt of $ on this, and I want to make sure that I don't regret it later. Thanks so much everyone!

Comments (7)