SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
primdawg

My first conifer garden!?

Annette Holbrook(z7a)
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

We have bought a house in the north Georgia mountains. I'm currently in zone 7b, the new place is 7a. The property has quite a few hemlocks. When viewing the house we noticed the hemlocks had blue metal tags on them. We found out that it means they've been treated for some disease. The entire garden was once obviously beloved but due to illness has been neglected for the past few years.

Anyway, there is a bed in front of the house that we are hoping to make our first rehab project. There are a few conifers already but all but one probably need to be removed. There are also a couple of Japanese maples that seem fine. The main road is right in front. We are hoping to plant some taller conifers along the road side. The length of the road border is about 40 feet. This is also the only part of the property that gets sun most of the day.

The pic shows the bed in pink, the only salvageable conifer is circled in green and the mailbox in blue. The maples are in yellow and the public road in red.

Everything but the maples, the mailbox and the one conifer can go. The flagpole is going. We may put a low split rail fence along the road side just to create some separation.

We take possession in mid August so will not get going on anything until fall. I believe that is when you wants to plant conifers, right?

Any input or suggestions will be appreciated.

Here is a pic from the inspection report taken at ground level.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting