SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
done_again_2

Tray ceiling paint choices

done_again_2
7 years ago

I am looking for opinions on how to handle the paint for my master bedroom tray ceiling. Currently, the wall sections are gray and the ceiling sections are white. The ceilings are being scraped and repainted along with the walls (and new hardwood floors). Crown molding will likely be added to only the inner part of the tray. It won't really work on the lower part due to the door and window casings. The ceiling is 8' with the lower tray area being about 7'. After looking at many pictures, I'm leaning toward using the wall color on the lower ceiling part of the tray while the actual 8' ceiling section would remain white. The wall color isn't decided upon yet but will likely be a darker gray than what is there now. I'd like to make the ceiling appear taller and avoid the striped effect that's there now. I'm generally a white ceiling person so painting some of the ceiling the wall color is part of my hesitation. Is there a good argument either way or is it mostly a matter of personal preference?

This is the room in its current state. Please excuse the poor lighting and mess.

This is the closest example I could find. It appears to be a lighter version of the wall color at the highest part of the ceiling though.

Landmark Builders · More Info

Comments (2)