SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crl_

Ceiling paint, tray ceiling, wwyd?

crl_
10 years ago

I just had a new chandelier installed in the dining room. We moved the location a bit to center it over the table. (The old fixture was a flush mount and centered on the room.). The electricians did a rough patch on the plaster for me and I I'll need to sand it and paint it.

So now I need to either try to match ceiling paint where the old fixture was or repaint. I am not sure if there is any of the ceiling paint in the garage. It is the same color throughout the house and I definitely have the color name as I got all of those from the real estate agent when we bought the place. The current paint job is about a year and a half old.

I have always thought it would be nice if the tray ceiling was painted in a way that showed it off a little better.

What would you do? Try to touch up the patch? Repaint in a different color? If a different color, what color(a) and what parts of the tray would you do?

The wall color is Benj. Moore revere pewter. I was thinking maybe a 50 percent mix of that and paint just the inside of the tray?

(Oh, and I love the table, chairs, bench, ceiling tin tiles and new light fixture and am not looking for advice on changing any of that.)

Thank you!

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County