SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
primdawg

How do you feel about a guest room with 2 F/Q beds?

The new house only has one guest room in the main house. There is a big open loft over the garage that we will set up as a guest suite as well.

My mother in laws beach house had a bedroom with 2 beds in it. I always loved that room. I think it was 2 queens but they could have been fulls.

I have a group of girlfriends that has done girls weekends over the years. We bunk together and have no problems sharing beds, baths, etc. So for those gatherings 2 full beds in one room would be a bonus. My concern is the occasion when a married couple would be in that room. Of course I wouldn't put two couples in together. We have a few good couple friends that would come up for the weekend, so I could put one couple in the apartment over the garage (which will have a queen bed) and the other couple in this room.

So if you were part of this couple would this seem odd to stay in a room with 2 beds like this? And would you care or be able to tell if it were 2 full size beds vs 2 queen beds? I'm not saying my guests would be rude and complain, I'm really wondering about the subliminal feel one might get from this type of set up. I guess to me it makes me think of a hotel room which can be good or bad depending on the persons own feelings about hotels!

Here is the room in question, I think I can fit 2 queens but won't know for sure until I can get in and measure.

Comments (44)