SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elunday

Wanna help me pick out a lamp?

elunday
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I'm working my way through decorating the family room that we added to our house this year, and I need lamp advice.

How tall should the lamp be for this table?

Sorry for the glare. I haven't gotten window treatments yet. Right now I have the white desk lamp there, but it's moving to a new location and I'd like a table lamp. I'm shopping online and in stores, but I'm sure what size to get. I don't want to overwhelm the not-very-big table, but I don't want it to be too tiny, either.

The table is 22" square. The current lamp is about 18 inches tall right now.

Here's a different angle with slightly better lighting:

The lamps I'm looking at go from 18 inches to 33 inches.

I'd also love input on the lamp or at least the style. I'm going for comfortable with Chinoiserie touches. I've got several blue and white ginger jars on the bookcase to the left of the window. The slipper chair, obviously, is blue and white. The dirty-looking glider is going to be replaced with a medium blue wingback chair next weekend.

The box on the table is a not-quite-navy blue.

At first I was thinking of a ginger jar lamp, something like this:

It's 18 inches tall, and I like it. But there is such a thing as too many blue and white patterns, and it's sitting right next to the patterned chair. Maybe I'd be better off with something geometric, like this:

It's 15 inches tall--too short, maybe??? But I've found other geometric patterns in other sizes.

Or maybe I should just put down the ceramic patterns and walk away slowly. So, a solid? That's more modern?

Or this, which I like a lot:

It's the biggest of the lot at 33 inches tall, but again I can probably track down something similar.

Or, I suppose I could get a white lamp??? Honestly I have no idea at this point. I'd love any advice, as I've reached maximum lamp saturation.

Thank you!

Comments (21)