SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
edieallie

Please help me plan a Teen Outdoor Boy/Girl Party!

OllieJane
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

My son (13 years old) is wanting to have an outdoor pool party. I am thinking about 10 boys/10 girls, although I know there will be some vacations and such, so not all will be able to attend. Parents are invited also, so I may have quite a few more people here. The boys are into sports like football, baseball and basketball and the girls are cheerleaders/dance/soccer and they are all mostly very outgoing.

I am thinking of it being pretty upscale but want it fun too! I went with him to a pool party last year and the boys and girls kept a good distance from each other-despite the fact they are mostly all just friends. So, I was wanting to have a couple of age appropriate games/activities to include everyone. Anyway, any tips would be appreciated and here are few questions I have:

-Would virgin pina coladas, etc be okay to serve? We make them for our son, but I don't want parents thinking we are advocating drinking at a young age. eta: I could just call a frozen drink something else-but do want some type of frozen drink.

-What games/activities?

-Day or evening?

-What food/appetizer to serve?

-Should we have a theme?

Also note: We moved from our house on an acreage into town, so we do not have a lot of land at this house to do certain activities. We do have a good-size covered outdoor kitchen with a TV/stereo system, a putting green behind pool where they can do that or play bocce ball, and a basketball goal by pool. I may need to put the basketball goal away because the boys may do that the whole time!

I kind of have an idea to show music videos with our projector-but will have to figure out how to do that!

I REALLY would appreciate any ideas! I am hoping to make this an annual thing!

Comments (20)