SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
storey03

Feedback on plan - first post

storey03
7 years ago

I found this forum a few months ago, and have enjoyed reading through everyone's insight. I would love some feedback on the floor plan we recently received from our architect.

Background: We are a family of 5 (3 boys ages 10, 6, 4). We live in rural Texas, and have cleared about 30 acres for our homesite. Our home is about 15 minutes from the town where the kids go to school, and within a few miles of many family members, cousins and friends, so I see it as being a "hub" for gatherings. At this point, we are sure we are staying in the area and as far as we can see, this will be the home eventual grandkids will come to as well.

The "craft room" is really more of an office. We are self-employed and run a couple of our businesses out of our home. I like how he has tried to separate the public & private spaces. For instance, my office always has paperwork everywhere, so I did not want it in the front of the house.

I am planning to put this on the kitchen forum as well, since that is where I am really struggling to figure out how to make it the best set up possible. Although the house seems pretty long, we think that one story is the best for our purposes. Our favorite views are to the south (which is the back of the house) and south east.

I appreciate a fresh set of eyes and any feedback you have.

Comments (40)