SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rjekce_gw

Kitchen layout feedback - nervous about first post!

rjekce
12 years ago

Hi Everyone - I came across this forum by accident a few weeks ago and have been so amazed by how generous people are in offering feedback that I decided to register and post.

My wife and I were planning to buy an existing home when a great opportunity to buy new construction popped up. We thought it was a dream come true - and it likely will be - but I don't think we realized how many choices we would to make on everything from doorbells to toilet seats - let alone what we have to decide in the kitchen.

In any event, we've been making progress, and if anyone is willing to share your suggestions we would love to hear them.

A couple quick notes. One - we have a toddler, another on the way, and hope to have several more. Given that we're hoping for a big family, we've intentionally factored two fridges and two dishwashers into the plan. Two - the house itself is a center entrance colonial with a great room off one side. Kitchen is located in the center/rear, and is adjacent to an eating area. Where the dining room would normally be we are putting a 'sitting area' with a half wall and countertop. We thought it would open up the space, and since that room will double as a playroom when we're not entertaining we wanted to have visibility into the room when we're preparing food. (See second pic for example of what we're doing.) Three - per our allowance, the window can be up to 72". We love natural light and the back of the house faces north, so we are likely going to use that full width. Four - codes: B is for Counter to ceiling bookcase, C is for cabinet, D is for drawers, BS is for undercounter open shelving, Tr is Trash pull out, and BPPO is currently a cabinet with a large pull out tray for big items. Most items list width, others are standard.

I think that's it - thanks in advance for any help you can offer! These forums are pretty incredible and I'm excited to hear what everyone has to say.

Thanks!

Half wall pic:

Comments (13)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES