SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joncampbell81

(Video) I'm overwhelmed by my yard and could use some help/ideas

Jon Campbell
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Massachusetts, USA

I've got the front and side pretty well taken care of with a good covering of grass, but the back and areas where I have mulch are such a mess.

Here is what I would like to accomplish:

• Keep it low maintenance as I'm only 1 person and I don't want to spend a ton of time maintaining the yard.
  • Cut down that pile of wood (I have a chainsaw) to smaller pieces for my fire pit and move the location, but keep it nice and neat looking.
  • Rip out the bush, plants and weeds next to the driveway and plant a garden.
  • Finish the rock trim around the shed.
  • Get the areas with mulch free from weeds and grass permanently.
  • Stop the Japanese knotwood from growing (I've already ripped a ton of it out, but there's still a lot growing behind where the fence will be installed and in the woods).
  • I'd love to have the back yard covered with grass, but I don't know if I could realistically maintain it without sprinklers installed.

I think once the fence is installed (2-3 weeks out) it will look much better and make it easier to keep up the yard as it gives me a nice defined line for my back yard and separates the jungle behind it. What do you think it would cost me to have a landscaping company clean the entire thing up one time?

Comments (4)