SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cpartist

Which porch do you prefer?

cpartist
7 years ago

I've been going back and forth in my mind with my porch and how I want it laid out. To the right of the door I can't put a window because of the elevator. However, I figure since I'm doing stucco, I might be able to design a pretty detail with the house numbers and/or tile. Or???

Here's the first floor plan so you can see where the door is right now in relation to everything.

(The red window in the garage is because the draftsman originally gave me a double window instead of the triple I had indicated.)

A is my original elevation and matches where the front door is on the plan.

B is centering the column so it's even with the roof peak and then moving the door over to the left a bit so it's centered between the two porch columns. The disadvantage of this would be I'd then be opening the door more onto the stairway.

C is centering the doorway and removing the center column. The disadvantage of this I wouldn't have room to add any porch furniture on the one side of the porch.D is moving the door back to where it is in A, removing the center column and putting a window next to the door. The window is as far over as it can be without hitting the elevator.

Or? The interior is set. NO CHANGES TO THE INTERIOR. LOL.

Comments (80)