SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cpartist

Moving the W/D out of the foyer. Which do you prefer?

cpartist
8 years ago

As others had mentioned, the washer/dryer in the front hall wasn't ideal and I wasn't in love with it either. I am not sure either of these are viable until the draftsman gets his hands on the plans, but did want your thoughts as to which one you prefer, if either one?

I did flip the bathroom in one of them so the toilet wasn't on the bedroom side. Whatever I choose, I will make that correction when I go to final plans and have already let the draftsman know that is what I want.

The one negative in both of these is my stairs gets buried into the wall now so it's not really much of a feature. Plus with the plan where I flipped the bath to the pool side, I lose the under stair storage.

(For those who haven't seen my plans before, I am limited to 2124 square feet under roof. That includes both the garage and the front porch. The front porch is required by zoning. Please don't ask me to ADD more room. I cannot and most likely will still have to delete some space. I'm strictly asking which works best if any. Originally the front door was on the street where the garage is, since I'm on a corner,

but zoning requires the garage to be 25' set back from front of lot line. Thank you!)

So which do you prefer? First I'm posting what I had come up with last week and then the two new ideas.

Comments (188)