SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jtfields91

French Door Oven Above or Below Speedcook (Viking / Advantium)

jt fields
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

We recently purchased a home and are remodeling one project at a time (just did wood floors.) Soon to come on our list are refinishing the cabinets and new countertops. After that we were going to replace most of our appliances. However, our built-in GE Profile microwave just bit the dust so that has accelerated some of our plans. We are going to go ahead and purchase a new oven and microwave first.

We have settled in on the Viking French door single wall oven along with a Monogram Advantium speedcook oven (pro style 120V). Our current wall oven is installed a foot or so off the ground with the microwave right above it. The microwave is about head high. Of course, that would be the easiest way to install the new ones since the cut outs in the cabinet are already sized in that manner. However, my wife believes it will look terrible to have a French door oven that low with the speedcook above. She challenged me to find pictures of such a set up and I'll admit it was difficult. I think having the speedcook above the oven would look fine but she feels the oven and the speedcook need to swap places.

How difficult will it be to have the two flipped? Can an installer do that or will I need to hire someone that works with cabinetry? What are your opinions of having the speedcook above or below the oven?

Comments (17)