SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
spanishsunlover

So, who likes a design challenge?

spanishsunlover
7 years ago

Help me with mine...PLEASE. I've just signed on the dotted line to buy a small apartment (about 500 sq. feet) on the Costa del Sol where I am now living. It is just being built and will be one of two mirror-image apartments in a one story building with a fabulous view of the sea. I also am buying the other apartment. One will be solely for my use. I have in mind an open plan kitchen, dining and living areas, al alcove bed that can be closed off with doors and combined bathing/dressing room, with a separated water closet, that guests could use as well as me. The other will be as the builder originally intended...two tiny bedrooms, two tiny bathrooms, small kitchen, eating and living areas. This will be for when I have family and friends to stay, and possibly to rent out at times to vacationers.

The problem: I've hit a wall in designing my personal unit. I have a rough plan, but am not overly happy with it. For one thing...there's no place for a decent sized TV (and I do love my HBO and PBS shows!).

SO....I'd really appreciate any ideas anyone might have about how to lay this out. And I'll make this promise: Anyone who's ideas are incorporated is invited to come stay in the next door apartment when it's done next year! How's that for incentive??

I've attached a plan. Note that the footprint cannot be changed. The interior is free game, but the support pillars can't be moved and the windows can only be juggled slightly (or the licensing authorities will crack down and say it isn't built to plan). All measurements are in meters. But the sizes of appliances, etc. translate pretty well. Standard DW, washing machine, built-in microwave are 60 cm. Ovens and cooktops are smaller in Europe...also 60 cm. I'd like an American style fridge, but a 32" ...abut 80 cm. should do.

Anybody game?

Comments (26)