SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
baroo2u_gw

Results 15 Minute Design Challenge!

Baroo2u
10 years ago

Yesterday I went to town for paint: I decided on Annie's choice, BM Cork, although I was really taken with Tracie.erin, Teacats & Annkh's Olive & Sage suggestion and am reserving it for the spare room...but that's another post.

When I walked into the store, WHOMP! There, right before me is a beautiful WALLPAPER...so lovely, so perfect that my vision narrowed and I became oblivious to all else in the store. A halo of light shone around it! A faint chorus of heavenly voices were lifted in it's praise...OK, so maybe it was a skylight and CHRISTMAS MUSIC? Seriously? People it's October, come on!

Anyhow, it's a textured wallpaper that resembles raw silk or a handwoven fabric. I don't believe it will date quickly. And since I dislike painting but enjoy wallpapering, I basically charged over and snatched all the remaining rolls from the display, pausing only to check lot numbers and--ok, I admit it--snarl slightly at a stylish matron in a smart camel hair suit.

Best of all, it's vinyl so the dogs will (probably) not snack on it.

So the 15 Minute Design Challenge was a huge success: tCircuspeanut got me thinking "wallpaper" and the MBRM is on it's way, I loved Annie's Cork so much it's going on a LR wall, and those of you who suggested green gave me an idea for the spare bdrm.

Thanks to all!!!

Now if I could ask a question...
There's little trim in this room, the window and closets are frameless. I'm tjinking of matching the baseboards & single door frame to the wallpaper. Should I do that? Go 1 shade lighter? 2 shades?

Any input?

I'm papering today and tomorrow, will post pics when I 'm done : )

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!