SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
knoxrosetn

Found The Poet's Wife & Olivia at my local Greenhouse.

KnoxRose z7
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I was very excited when I called my local Greenhouse, Stanley's in Knoxville, TN several days ago and found out that they would have Olivia & The Poet's Wife in stock this spring, I had them hold The Poet's Wife for me, I've been lusting afyer it's photos since they debuted them months back. I am a sucker for a good yellow, and I find it difficult to find many healthy varieties with this cup shaped form (neither Graham Thomas nor Molineaux has done well for me, I have & love Golden Celebration & Julia Child, however saying GC is healthy for me is a little optimistic, but that's for another post) I picked up an Olivia as well because she is supposed to have superior disease resistance & a nicely shrubby demeanor & loads of gorgeous flowers.

I was extremely surprised and delighted to find that they had a few own root varieties mixed in! I saw ownroot: Tess of D'Umbervilles, Gentle Hermione, James Gallway, LD Braithewaite, and maybe another 1 or 2 I cannot recall (I know I'm totally screwing up the spelling of these btw) I ended up purchasing an own root Gentle Hermione as well, it had lovely blooms/buds/foliage and after a quick hmf search on my phone, I found many reviews saying that she's fairly disease resistant, round & shrubby & happy to bloom... Sold. These are really the main attributes I look for anymore, after learning very quickly through trial and error, every rose bush is not for my small garden.

I really really hope these new additions are good choices for me, they seem promising. I obviously already have a ton of potted roses to care for and eventually find homes for... What's a few more?

Olivia, the Poet's Wife, and Gentle Hermione

TPW

olivia

GH

My cart at the Greenhouse.... It was certainly a fun time.

Jessica

Comments (14)