SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
steve_snyder46

Miele Inspira g2120 dishwasher rinse/drying/end blinking

Steve Snyder
8 years ago

I have a 7 year old Miele G2120 SCU dishwasher that has worked fine until this week. Out of the blue it starts blinking the Rinse/Drying/End lights all at the same time. I get in there and clean everything out real good, including the drain pump and housing. Fire it back it up, it runs for a load and then does the same thing on the next load. Blinking lights. Drains the water fine but I think when it starts to recirculate the water, it dies. Fiddle with it some more and it runs two loads fine. Then the blinking lights.

So what happens is I turn it on, drain pump works, then I think it's doing a check on the recirculating pump and fails. It takes about 30 seconds. I read the Owners manual and already had cleaned everything out and it suggests that I call the Miele line.

I searched the web high and low for a fix because I know this will cost me an arm and a leg, but can't find anything the specifically fixes this issue. I call Miele because the dishes are starting to stack up and walk them through it and they suggest calling a local Miele repair shop. I call them and they wanted $140 to show up. $50 an hour in labor and if they need a new pump it's going to cost at least $200 for the parts. I tell her no thanks, I'll work on it for a while...

My feeling is that something is stuck in the pump and preventing it from work or there is a lot of crap building up in there slowing down the water pressure. If I knew where the pump was I would pull it and clean it out real good and try again.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this myself? Thanks!

Comments (23)